In dealing with multiple pet deaths, a miscarriage, and now my father-in-law's death I have been through the journey of grief more than I care to over the past year. It is a tricky thing, grief. There is no right or wrong way to deal with death. There are certainly actions and reactions to death that society has deemed permissible and still others that it has deemed preferential.
With the pet deaths and miscarriage I felt very much on my own in dealing with my grief. There are not a lot of resources out there regarding these topics. Among other things, I turned to music.
I compiled a list of songs that I dubbed my "Mourning Mix". I thought I'd share it with you. I hope it brings you as much peace as it did me.
1. Angel (Sarah Mclachlan)
2. Beauty From Pain (Superchick)
3. Let It Be (Beatles)
4. Open Your Eyes (Snow Patrol)
5. If I Die Young (The Band Perry)
6. Winter Song (Sara Barreilles & Ingrid Michaelson)
7. Only The Good Die Young (Billy Joel)
8. Old Man (Neil Young)
9. Hallelujah (Willie Nelson)
10. You're Missing (Bruce Springsteen)
11. Long as I Can See the Light (Creedence Clearwater Revival)