Just some thoughts on my personal life- shabby cottage/chic decor, thrifting/junking, dogs with smushed-in faces, and pretty much anything else...



Thursday, June 7, 2012

Foster Fail Two

Well you'll be happy to hear that I went ahead and adopted that adorable smushed face, pirate eyed boy! I couldn't bear the thought of someone else getting to love him for the rest of his life. Somewhere in my heart I always knew he was mine. And I honestly think he knew it too. When I got the email congratulating me on becoming his forever mom, I looked over at him and I swear to you he was smiling at me, "I know I'm yours mom, forever and ever." I cried so hard into his little speckled neck that day. Definitely one of the happiest moments of my life.

I've been through a lot this past year or so and sometimes I don't think I would've made it if it wasn't for the unconditional love of my creatures. They make me want to make it and to make something better out of myself. I'm getting there.

"I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source." ~ Doris Day



1 comment:

  1. I was doing some random google searches and came across this blog! Its pretty interesting and I hope you and your fur babies(babies are forever babies )are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete